This recipe is from my great-grandmother. Great-grandmother recipes need no introduction because they are always good. My favorite thing about these muffins, aside from the taste, is that the batter is such a pretty pink!
- 2 cups flour (gluten free flour should work too!)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 - 3 cups leftover cranberry sauce (puréed) or raw relish. If you have no cranberry sauce or relish, finely chop 4-6 oz cranberries and add 1/2 a cup sugar.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- one large egg
- 1/3 cup sugar (optional, muffins will be nice and tart without it)
- orange juice as needed to moisten batter
1) Preheat oven to 350
2) Purée cranberry sauce (if not using a relish)
3) Mix together ingredients, no particular order necessary.
4) Spoon into a greased muffin tin.
5) Bake for 18-20 minutes
pumpkin cream cheese!